Vision, Mission & Strategy
Worldwide demand for Canadian pulses will grow each year as every market segment recognizes their value as healthy, sustainable and functional food products.
To contribute to the profitability of the Canadian pulse industry through programs designed to deliver innovative solutions that improve efficiencies and increase value.
- We are proactive and visionary in our thinking.
- We are pragmatic problem solvers in an evolving industry serving a changing world.
- We believe that success is a measurable result.
- We believe that performance is calculated by how we add to the financial success of our members.
- We respect the perspectives and priorities of individual members as we work to provide services that benefit the entire industry.
- We have the courage to lead and make difficult decisions.
- We believe that the ongoing vitality of our industry requires that we constantly challenge ourselves to do better by adding new perspectives.
- We believe in the power of strategic partnerships and in working efficiently.
- We believe that leading with passion and taking risks is part of what is needed to create an enabling environment in which innovation will flourish.
- We will contribute to a work environment that earns respect from shareholders and generates pride for all staff and members.
In 2017 Pulse Canada established a target of creating new demand in new use categories for 25% of the industry’s productive capacity by the year 2025. To achieve “25 by 25”, Pulse Canada focuses resources on two areas of activity:
1. Creating efficiencies within the transportation and marketing of pulses by eliminating barriers to trade and ensuring the industry has the transportation capacity and service it needs.
2. Creating sustainable demand for Canadian pulses by marketing the health, nutrition and environmental benefits of pulses to end users; accelerating research that removes barriers and creates incentives for pulse consumption; and collaborating with key private and public sector stakeholders to create food systems that prioritize health and sustainability.