Job Posting: Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Do you believe that leading with passion and taking risks is what’s needed to contribute to the creation of healthy people and a healthy planet? Do you want to join a team of like-minded visionaries who believe that nutritious and sustainable ingredients are the future of food? Join the Pulse Canada team and help us change the way people think about food. Pulse Canada is the national association of growers, traders and processors of Canadian pulses, also known as lentils, dry peas, beans and chickpeas.
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, this important role is a unique exciting opportunity for a highly collaborative, innovative and motivated individual. The Vice President, Marketing & Communications will work with all Pulse Canada staff to plan, implement and evaluate Pulse Canada’s marketing and communications activities with various audiences – including food industry, media, government consumer, association funders and other industry stakeholders.
Reporting to the CEO through the President, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the development, execution and evaluation of Pulse Canada’s marketing and communication strategies to increase understanding, demand for, and utilization of pulses in domestic and international markets;
- Establish and oversee Pulse Canada/CSCA Stakeholder Outreach program (members, funders, government, food companies, etc.);
- Lead the organization of the annual Pulse and Special Crops Convention, which includes convention planning, promotion, budget management and execution;
- Provide effective leadership direction, and mentorship to staff to ensure success in key result areas; and,
- Act as the media contact for the organization, respond to media information requests and coordinate interviews with Pulse Canada staff as requested.
- Post-secondary degree in communication, marketing, journalism or relevant field;
- Extensive demonstrated experience developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies and producing effective marketing and communication tools;
- Knowledge and experience in the agriculture sector considered a strong asset;
- Proven experience leading and empowering professional staff to high performance;
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills; experience communicating to a diverse range of target audiences;
- Experience managing multiple projects effectively and prioritizing work in consultation with others in a dynamic environment;
- Team player that embraces a team environment and delivers timely accurate results;
- Self-motivated, works independently and, shows ingenuity and sound judgement in approaches to professional challenges; and,
- Available to travel within North America and internationally.
|Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and ability. Applications must be received by March 23, 2020. |
Apply, with resume, to HR resolve at: